Monday, November 18, 2013

Got Milk Aaron Burr Ad

It’s the ad that everyone who’s ever seen it will never forget: the “Got Milk” campaign’s Aaron Burr ad. But is this really such a great ad for milk? I just ate some peanut butter, and I found that water works too, so do you really need milk after all? (I am out of milk, and I can say: “Aaron Burr”.)

It seems to me that the real issue here is that the peanut butter is getting in the way of this guy’s ability to speak. Am I right so far? So it seems to me that this ad would actually work even better for another product, such as Campbell’s Soup; because after all, if he’d been eating soup, he could have just swallowed it and answered the question, right? Unless, of course, the shock of the call caused him to inhale the soup and choke: then he would have lost the money anyway, huh?

Well, I guess the answer is clear: anything you eat can ruin your chances at a random radio contest, so you’d better just not ever eat anything at all just in case, because you never know when you’ll get that call. Oh, and uh, don’t ever drink anything either, because you might accidentally inhale it and be unable to even call for help after you’ve lost the $10,000.

I hope everyone is clear on this. Don’t say I didn’t try to warn you if you lose the money.

Here’s the famous shot-down guy ad: