Friday, November 22, 2013

Kennedy Assassination Ironies

Shortly before JFK was killed, a boys’ choir sang to him: “The eyes of Texas are upon you, you cannot get away!” That seems really odd to me in retrospect, and I always find it shocking to hear it in documentaries about the JFK assassination.

JFK rode in a car made by Lincoln, a car company named after President Lincoln, who was also assassinated by a shot to the back of the head. Hmm.

Does anyone else find it somehow odd to have someone who is killed by gunfire honored by a 50-gun salute? Maybe something else would be more appropriate? Like, maybe, anything else: flowers, music, poems, a moment of silence?

I know there are lots more than this, but these always stand out for me when I see documentaries about the JFK assassination.