Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Midol President Obama (Joke) Ad

President Obama seems to be experiencing pain from his period: the period he said after the sentence: “If you like your healthcare plan, you’ll be able to keep your healthcare plan… Period.” So this would be a perfect opportunity for Midol to use the president, the most famous person in the entire world, in an ad for their product that helps alleviate the suffering people experience from their periods (although it’s usually women who experience pain from their period). And it might be a fun ad for them to do anyway, even though it’s a joke.

So here’s how this (joke) ad would work: We would see video of President Obama making his dubious claim, ending with the word: “Period”. And then we’d see news reports condemning the dishonesty of the statement, and then the announcer would say: “Experiencing discomfort from your period? Midol helps alleviate discomfort associated with periods.”

(BTW: My insurance premiums have more than doubled from what they were projected to be at my current age since the passage of the Affordable Care Act, which somewhat puts the lie to its name. But the good news is, I can keep my healthcare plan: if I can afford it… {Which I can’t.} So the joke here is really on me.)