Saturday, February 16, 2013

Failed Military Technology Called Meteors?

Soon after a meteor hit Russia that a Russian politician called an American missile attack, California witnessed a ball of flame flying over San Francisco.

Now, some people are jumping to the conclusion that these are just meteors and stuff, but I think I know what’s really going on here. Something must have triggered all of the automatic missiles and started WWIII. Except that the weapons never really worked as well as anyone claimed, and they’re really old, so all we get is some lights in the sky.

Sorry apocalypse fans, it looks like nuclear annihilation is just as out-of-style as the 1980s thrash metal songs that glorified it. (I still love that music, though!)

Of course I’m only kidding here, and I’m sure that we’re all just as much in danger as ever. But wouldn’t it be funny if there was a nuclear war, and it was just as much of a dud as all the end-of-the-world predictions we’ve seen fizzling out all along? I mean, I’m sorry, but I would find that quite amusing. And most of the nuclear missiles out there are pretty old, I think. So they might just fail even if they got launched, no matter where they came from. (I can only hope! It would be nice if everyone’s WMDs failed and everybody lived. That would be a really nice surprise. And then, without all that threat hanging over us all, maybe we could actually learn to get along and work together? Well, probably not, but a man can dream...)

Here’s the California story:


And here’s the Russian meteor missive: