Wednesday, February 20, 2013

GMC Acadia Opera/Assassins Ad

Some guy is late to the opera, and it’s all because he has a new GMC Acadia. You see, apparently everybody always tries to kill whoever buys this SUV. I’m not sure if that’s because it gets such crappy fuel economy and as such is making the global warming warriors angry, if it’s so big that people who have to park next to it or try to see around it while driving want to get as many off the road as possible, or what. In any case, all the extra driving and stuff he has to do to escape the constant threat of continual assassination attempts on his life is the reason for his tardiness. (But his date couldn’t care less: she’s just annoyed that he’s late. {She seems so self-centered and lacking in empathy. Could that be because she’s also part of this plot to kill him? And she’s not annoyed that he’s late, so much as she’s disappointed that he’s still alive because she’s the one who put the contract out on him? [I knew it!]})

But while this guy in the ad is obviously so used to everyone he encounters trying to kill him while he’s driving this vehicle, he’s apparently become quite adept at foiling their attempts to murder him, kind of like a super-spy, I doubt I’d ever get used to everyone trying to kill me, so I think I’d prefer to buy a different car. But thanks anyway, GMC.

That was the message of the commercial, right? I mean, that they’re trying to warn us that everyone will try to kill us if we buy and/or drive the GMC Acadia. Maybe they just couldn’t live with themselves if they didn’t just come out and tell us, because otherwise they’d feel like they have blood on their hands, I suppose.

(I can’t believe anymore that I can’t even find a TV spot on the Internet if it’s running on television. Who forgot to upload it? But it’s on TV now, and I’m sure you’ll see it if you watch any TV.)