Thursday, February 28, 2013

Geico Digital Insurance ID Card Ad

In this silly ad from Geico, our stalwart pig hero Maxwell gets pulled over by the “pigs” (oh, the irony!), and the policeman asks for his info, and he shows his insurance ID card on his smartphone. (It’s funny, because I thought they usually asked for license and registration, but I guess that doesn’t work so well for an insurance ad, so we get this fantasy scenario where the cops ask for the insurance ID card first. Oh, and where there’s a pig driving a car too, I guess. I mean, a literal one.) But what if his smartphone’s battery died just then? Why, then he couldn’t show his proof of insurance, and he’d get arrested and sent to jail, where other hardened criminals would ask him to “squeal like a pig” (!!). So just in case, maybe he ought to carry around the paper insurance ID card.

Here’s the piggy that goes: “My Geico insurance ID card is digital”:


BTW: It is a little known fact that it’s this harassment by the police that causes Maxwell to go insane and start killing people with silver hammers, like in the Beatles’ song about him.

For those of you who don’t know what I’m referring to here, it’s this: