Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Los Angeles Mayoral Candidate Wendy Greuel

Tonight while watching The Tonight Show, I saw a campaign ad for Los Angeles mayoral candidate Wendy Greuel. Now I don't know much about her, but I can say without a doubt that she has the most Dickensian name of all candidates currently running for mayor in Los Angeles. And if she's elected, surely the kids will be eating her cruel gruel daily. But they just might like it better than the "healthy" food the schools have been mandated to serve them lately, am I right? (Canned laughter. {Which is much less healthy than fresh laughter!})

(Cruel Gruel was what I thought might be a good title for a Charles Dickens-related dissertation about he plight of poor British children in the Victorian era.)

Oh, and here's this candidate's website, if you're interested:

http://www.wendygreuel.org