Monday, December 10, 2012

Campbell’s Green Bean Casserole Christmas Tree Ad

Now this right here is false advertising if I’ve ever seen it! I have tried throwing green bean casserole (made with Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup) on pine trees for years, and they never spontaneously get Christmas lights all over them and turn the lights on. I have tried and I have tried: I’ve even snatched the green bean casserole off the table and thrown it on the Christmas tree, and it has never worked like it does in this ad! All that ever happens is that everyone yells at me and I get thrown out. And it’s all Campbell’s Soup’s fault for tricking us into thinking this works! (A lot of Grinches over there if you ask me! They’re just mad that they didn’t get what they wanted for Christmas, and now they’re trying to make sure none of us do either!)

But you know, maybe it’s the silver spoon that does it, and the casserole just happens to be there. I’ve never thought of that…

Here’s Campbell’s conning Christmas commercial: