Monday, December 31, 2012

Wrangler Brett Favre Ad

Wrangler jeans have been using Brett Favre in their ads for a while now, but Dale Earnhadt, Jr. talks about how they are so comfortable, have plenty of space inside so they won't squeeze your privates to death, etc. But you know, I believe they are wasting a great opportunity for a memorable ad campaign here! Since they are using Brett Favre, why not use anecdotes about him we all know to help us remember what it is about these jeans we should know, and why we might want to buy them? Here's what I mean:

Why not have Brett Favre (instead of Dale Earnhardt, Jr.) say the jeans have lots of room, so they won't make you uncomfortable by crushing your junk? And then they could have Favre lying on a bed naked, like he was in that infamous photo he sent that Jets cheerleader, and he could say: "I didn't always wear Wrangler. In the past, my jeans were so uncomfortable, I used to have to text people naked, and I must have taken a picture of myself like that by mistake and I guess I accidentally sent it to someone, creating lots of embarrassment for me and everyone else all around. But now that I've found Wrangler, that will never happen again! I sure wish I had worn Wranglers sooner, and I'll bet everyone else does too!" And then Dale Earnhardt, Jr. could say: "Damn straight!"

Here is an example of a Brett Favre/Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Wrangler ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV0u71yYjvk