Monday, December 10, 2012

Canine Chloraseptic?

I live in an apartment building right next door to an extremely easily agitated yippy dog. (I think it’s supposed to be a Chihuahua, but he seems more like a mutt to me. I mean, he never says: “Yo quiero Taco Bell.” So how could he be a purebred?) And every time anyone comes anywhere near my neighbors’ apartment, this dog barks his head off. (On the same floor equals too close for this dog.) And sometimes he barks so hard and for so long, he starts to sound like he has a sore throat and he’s getting laryngitis. (It doesn’t stop him from barking, though.) And that’s when it hit me: Is there a canine version of Chloraseptic? Because this little guy might be hurting himself with his exuberant expression of dominance, and it seems to me that it’s animal cruelty not to make his throat feel better so he can bark his head off all day at full volume and drive everyone else crazy. (Right, PeTA? {I wonder how long they would be for animal rights if they lived in my apartment? Even fanatics have limits. And I love dogs! [Or, I used to…]})