Sunday, September 29, 2013

Stabba Dabba You (Flintstones Horror Movie)

You know there must have been horror movies in Bedrock, right? After all, what else are the stone-age teenage stoners going to do back in the days before video games and texting? And I think I know what kind of horror movie they might have watched back then too: something like this: Stabba Dabba You!

So here’s what this movie would be: Kazoo shows up for the first time, and convincing Fred he is a god, Kazoo demands sacrifice. So Fred Flintstone would grab an obsidian-blade knife and go on a bloody rampage, cutting the hearts out of all the nubile young virgins in Bedrock, all the while chanting: “Stabba Dabba You!” He is only stopped when he tries to sacrifice Pebbles and Bam Bam, and Bam Bam bashes his brains out and crushes the life out of Kazoo in his powerful death grip. (But never fear: it’s only a movie, after all.)

(On Christmas Eve, 2013, I saw a Robot Chicken sketch that's kind of like this. It's not the same, but it is similar. So I thought I should mention they thought of this kind of thing first, but I hadn't ever seen it until three months after I wrote this.)