Sunday, January 19, 2014

Iron Man 3

I just saw Iron Man 3, and I’m sorry to have to say it, but I don’t think it’s medically accurate. Everyone I used to know who developed biological technologies for re-growing limbs just turned into the Lizard and had to fight Spider-Man, but they never got to become Lavagirl. This whole heating up and becoming terrorists thing is just not realistic. And give Gwyneth Paltrow the ability to kill and destroy at will would endanger all the fast food workers worldwide, so we couldn’t do that. (Plus she could melt anyone who made fun of her, and that would become a genocide.)

I actually didn’t go see this movie originally because I was so tried of the “don’t let Iron Man use his suit at full power” shtick, but if that’s what floats your boat, then this movie delivers in spades! (I don’t know, but it seems like we got to see Iron Man use his suit effectively so much more consistently in the comic books. But I guess that’s passé, huh? {What’s next: The Incredible Hulk only gets to become 15% of the Hulk, so he’s not so incredible, and his enemies can beat him up? Or maybe the Human Torch can only light one finger, so he works as a cigarette lighter at a nightclub? [I’m sure that’s coming next.]})

Oh, and he didn’t just blow up all the Iron Man suits at the end, did he? (Wow, where’s the villain’s last attack when you need it? Oh, and what if Loki attacked Earth again just then? Wow, he’s so lucky it wasn’t scripted like that, because then he would look really reckless and dumb! Again. Oh, but I guess that’s his whole character nowadays, isn’t it?*)

* (He is a weapons manufacturer, so he must be egotistical and jingoistic to a fault.)