Friday, January 31, 2014

New NSA Head

On NPR today I heard President Obama has nominated a new head for the NSA, and that it's important that the new head of the NSA help lead the demoralized agency into a new era. Apparently NSA employees are having a hard time doing their jobs, as they have been put very much under the microscope for their activities ever since the disclosure of their classified programs from materials leaked by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.

I imagine it would be uncomfortable trying to work knowing that people are constantly looking over your shoulder, watching your every move, and possibly judging you personally for every little thing that you're doing, so I hope they can get a new guy in there to help them with a renewed focus and a new direction. I know I would probably feel weird too if I thought people were secretly watching everything I did and scrutinizing my every action, so I really sympathize with these demoralized NSA employees. It must be really creepy and distracting to feel like prying eyes are constantly watching and spying and invading your privacy.