Sunday, January 5, 2014

Volvo Downton Abbey Ad?

As we all know, at the end of last season, Matthew Crawley died in a car crash, opening the door for car safety ads! Well, I don’t know if anyone has made any Downton Abbey-themed car safety ads yet (I haven’t seen any), so I’ll propose one for Volvo (as Volvo has the car safety marketing directive), and it goes like this:

We see the wreck scene of Matthew Crawley’s demise at the end of Downton Abbey, Season 3, and then we see everyone mourning him from the beginning of Season 4, and then the announcer chimes in: “He wouldn’t have been killed had he driven a Volvo! With the best safety record around, you’ll always live through season-ending car crashes when you drive a Volvo!” And then we see Matthew Crawley walk through the door of Downton Abbey, with everyone, surprised to see he’s alive and well, running to greet him, and he says: “You didn’t have to worry about me: I drive a Volvo!”