Monday, January 21, 2013

Bill Belichick Calgon Ad?

After the Ravens pecked the Patriots to defeat last night, New England Coach Bill Belichick apparently refused to grant a pre-scheduled post-game interview with CBS Sports. Well, knowing me, you know I'm going to have to try to turn this into an advertisement for something. So here's my silly idea for a Bill Belichick ad for Calgon, based upon his blowing off the CBS interview after last night's playoff loss:

We see the end of the AFC Championship game, with the Ravens defeating the Patriots, and with the Ravens all celebrating, and Tom Brady looking all sulky and depressed (like he always does whenever he loses a big game). Then the CBS football panel in the studio say: "We're going to go to Steve Tasker for a quick word with losing coach Bill Belichick; take it away Steve..." So then we cut to Steve Tasker on the field, waiting and looking for Bill Belichick, but he doesn't show up. Then CBS cuts to Shannon Sharpe, saying what he did about Bill Belichick's poor sportsmanship being unacceptable (I agree), and then we cut to Bill Belichick arriving at his home, walking into the house and into his bathroom (which has a big bathtub full of hot soapy water), saying: "Whenever I lose a game like this, after a long season of hard work, I've just got to get away from it all. I don't care what everyone thinks of me, I just have to get in the bathtub and soak my stress away." Then he starts to disrobe, saying: "Calgon: Take me away!" So in the next shot, we see Bill Belichick soaking in the tub with his eyes closed, looking peaceful, as a TV set in the background shows highlights of the Ravens' victory and interviews with players.

(BTW: Calgon makes bath stuff, and: "Calgon, take me away!" was their old advertising slogan. They used to make ads like this, but generally with women, and not with NFL coaches after season-ending big game losses.)

Here's the sad sportsmanship story:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/20/bill-belichick-snubbed-cbs-after-patriots-loss/1850533/