Saturday, January 19, 2013

Kraftwerk's New "Tour de France" Remix

In light of the revelations of all the drugs, steroids, blood doping, cheating of all kinds, etc., in the Tour de France, the synth band Kraftwerk is reportedly remixing a new version of their classic dance song. This will include new sound effects segments with riders flicking the air bubbles out of syringes, groaning from shooting up, whispering instructions to team mates, the ringing and answering of untraceable cell phones, etc. Also, there will be a new section devoted to drug testing with urine sound effects and medical staff giving instructions to riders undergoing drug tests.

Also, some lyrics reportedly will be changed, including the following:

I am taking steroids for, Tour de France, Tour de France,
I am taking HGH, Tour de France, Tour de France,
I am taking EPO, Tour de France, Tour de France,
I hope my track marks do not show, Tour de France, Tour de France.

I must pee into the cup, Tour de France, Tour de France,
I'm afraid the gig is up, Tour de France, Tour de France,
I will lose my Nike ads, Tour de France, Tour de France,
If I get narced on by my lads, Tour de France, Tour de France.

I sure am looking forward to the new mixes of the song! And I hope you all are, too! Finally, a more accurate song about the Tour de France. There will reportedly be a "Steroid Syringe Mix", a "Secret Cell Phone Mix", a "Blood Booster Mix", and a "Urine Sample Mix".

The new cover art will show a cyclist racing with a guy in a white lab coat holding out a urine sample receptacle on the front, and a DJ playing records with hypodermic needles on the turntables on the back.

This is Kraftwerk's "Tour de France", if you are unfamiliar with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt3p-F2x7rY