Saturday, January 19, 2013

Allstate Safe Driving Bonus Check Ad

In this spot for the Allstate safe driving bonus check program, a couple sits in a cafe, and she asks him: "Remember when you said men are superior drivers?" And he says: "Yeah..." And then she says: "Yeah... Well then how'd I get this Allstate safe driving bonus check?"

Well, if he wanted to keep being a jerk to her, or maybe just to jerk her chain, he could give her a snarky response, like for instance: "Well, I don't know, maybe you slept with someone at the insurance company to get the check, and all so you could try to embarrass me out in public. But don't worry, I'll believe you if you'll stop scraping the bumpers and fenders while parking, and I'll especially believe you if you stop driving over your sunglasses all the time."

And then the commercial could end with them driving away together, with him driving the car, saying: "Watch: Let me show you how it's done!" And then he spots a sexy woman walking down the street and drives into the car in front of them while staring at her. (Oops!)

But somehow I doubt we'll be seeing an ad like this with scenes like these anytime soon.

Here's the boyfriend-bashing bonus check commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQR8rj2BO-8