Monday, April 8, 2013

Make Them Grovel at Your Feet (Shoes Ad: Proposed)

I wrote a piece earlier today about the Navy’s laser gun, and then asked if we could conquer the world with it, because villains in old 1930s movies always tried to do the same. And why did they want to conquer the world? Well, as I recall, mainly they wanted to make everyone grovel at their feet. But isn’t there an easier way to do that?

Yes, I’m suggesting that if they wore awesome enough shoes, maybe everyone would grovel at their feet willingly! Of course, it would be in admiration of the shoes, rather than in fear of the wearer, but hey, whatever it takes, right? So that’s why I think some high end shoe company (like Jimmy Choo, or Prada) ought to use the slogan: “Make them grovel at your feet!” And then the ads could show someone walking into some party (or at work), and everyone grovels at their feet to admire their shoes, all exclaiming how wonderful the shoes are, and how they wished they had some. (And then, with everyone looking at their shoes and thus distracted, they could conquer the world! No? Okay, then how about just having them be happy that everyone admires their shoes?)

(BTW: I don’t know if this has been done before, so forgive me if it has and I missed it. But it’s new to me, anyway. {I used to be able to search Google for this kind of thing easily, but not anymore due to all the pay-for-placement-in-web-search services. More’s the pity.})