Saturday, April 20, 2013

Acura Luxury Ad

This luxurious new Acura commercial says: "You wake up in your luxury bed, and slide out of your luxury sheets, and get into your luxury shower, and dry off with your luxury towel... (etc.)" Wow, this is creepy! Are they like spying on me or something to know how much luxury I have bedazzling my life? Leave me alone, Acura! I'm too luxurious for you! (Just kidding. But I am serious when I say this car is definitely too luxurious for me! And since they're rubbing it in so much in this ad, how long will it be before these Acuras get keyed and such by people who cannot afford its luxurious price tag and feel teased and insulted by this advertising strategy? Why not just have the commercial come out and say: "It's so luxurious, you can't afford one. And even if you could, you're not classy enough for us to sell you one. Nyah, nyah!")

Here's the snobby spot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5PcNjHEM5I