Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tesla Motors Road Warrior Ad (Proposed)

CNN had the president of Tesla on a show today, and this reminded me of this electric car company. Now this is a green energy company I can get behind! (Actually, I might support them all if they were run correctly, and we got something for our investment, rather than having a company go bankrupt and have the executives make off with millions in bonuses, just like in the Wall Street crash.) So this reminded me of an ad I wrote for Tesla for my ad portfolio from 2009, so I thought I’d put it up here. And if Tesla wants to use it, please just contact me. (I think they’d sell more if they advertised on TV.) So here’s the proposed ad:

Road Warrior Tesla Electric Sports Car Ad:
It is a post-apocalyptic desert wasteland, and warriors fight for control of a gas pump (as in the movie The Road Warrior). One group is defending a fortified camp with the gas, while the other group, made up of muscular men with large Mohawks and football pads and spikes and leather (etc.), lays siege to the camp. The leader of the attacking group yells to the camp with a bullhorn: “Just walk away from the gasoline and we will let you live!” The other group yells: “Never!” The camera zooms out to a stretch of road where a Telsa goes whizzing by. The lieutenant of the Mohawk guys sees it and asks his leader: “Hey, where’s that guy going?” And the leader says: “I don’t know…” The car in question is an electric car, and it doesn’t need gasoline, so it can ignore all the problems that come with gasoline. We cut to a series of shots of the Tesla driving down the road, and the announcer says: “While others are left squabbling over ever diminishing petroleum resources, the Tesla will be forging ahead to a new tomorrow.” As the announcer says “a new tomorrow,” the Tesla is shown from the rear in a crane shot as it goes over a ridge to reveal a beautiful vista of a utopian futuristic city surrounded by green rolling hills, trees and clear air and water: the kind you can’t have as readily with pollution from vehicle emissions.

You know, I live in Los Angeles, and I have seen a Tesla Roadster and a Fisker Karma driving around in Beverly Hills recently, and they’re just great cars! I hear people saying Americans want horsepower, but these things have faster acceleration than most gas-burning cars, and they handle like a dream, but without any noise or emissions (or gas or service costs). Every rich person should buy one just to get this technology over the hump into a viable vehicle option for everyone else. I wish I could afford one!