Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cisco Systems Concert Ad

I have been subjected to this ad while trying to watch things on YouTube so many times that I cannot help wanting to abuse it in some way in retaliation for it abusing me. But even after seeing it a bunch of times, I’m still not sure I know what they’re saying exactly. It seems like they’re suggesting a band could make a city’s trains late by having a concert go long? But what about all the people who need to take the train who didn’t go to the concert? I guess they have to sit around forever, huh? Well, screw them anyway for not going to the show! They must be punished, and that’s what Cisco is all about: arbitrarily punishing random people for stuff they’re oblivious to! (Awesome!)

Oh, and you know what: bands who do not sell out their concerts could play extra-long encores just to clog up the train lines and make everyone have to wait around in the cold all night to get home. I wonder if any bands will try this?

Here’s the arbitrarily abusive ad (Actually this is a longer version of the ad, which adds other elements besides merely ruining train schedules):