Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Purina Whisker Lickin's Ad (Proposed)

Now, I know it might sound counter-intuitive to use a song from a band named Bow Wow Wow for an ad for cat treats, but whenever my sister's cats nag us for the Purina Whisker Lickin's cat treats, they are so demonstrative, it makes me sing: "I want cat treats! I want cat treats!" to the tune of Bow Wow Wow's "I Want Candy". And it seems to me that for once, they wouldn't have to starve the animals to get them to act like they want the food, because cats just go crazy for these cat treats. (I have plenty of experience with cat food products ads claim have "a taste cats really love" {my experience has been that generally cats just sniff these things, give me a look of betrayal, mock-bury the stuff, and walk away}, but Whisker Lickin's: cats really do love these!)

So my proposed ad for Purina Whisker Lickin's Crunch Lovers cat treats would have cats meowing and rubbing up on (and circling) someone's legs in a kitchen, and when the person grabs a bag or bottle of Whisker Lickin's, the cats go crazy, standing up on two legs, stretching way up as far as they can to get them. Then the person puts a handful on the floor, some in front of each cat (of let's say three cats), and the cats eat them up, intensely enjoying every savory bite. (This is how it plays out in my sister's house each day.) And while this is happening, we hear a reworked cover version of "I Want Candy" singing: "I want cat treats! I want cat treats!"