Friday, December 20, 2013

Fat Shaming A Crime?

Jennifer Lawrence recently said in an off-camera TV interview (published for fun, I guess) that fat-shaming, and using the word ‘fat’ as an insult should be illegal. And I would agree, with a caveat: punishment for fat-shaming should be enforced by force-feeding the perpetrator until they are fat themselves. Then they’ll know how it feels to be fat. (Of course, if this doesn’t work as intended, at least we can get human foie gras, which is totally in demand now that goose liver foie gras is illegal in California. Don’t ask me how I know.)

Here’s the stupendous story:


(BTW: I totally agree with her on the whole lookist judge-mentality thing in the media, but can’t we use words legally, please? I thought we were supposed to have freedom of speech in America. Oh, and the right to be fat, too. {I will fully exercise that right right now!})