Monday, December 9, 2013

Droid 48 Hours Ad

This is the one with Edward Norton doing all the crazy stuff and getting into all kinds of difficult situations with his smartphone, and the announcer says: “Whatever you do in 48 hours, Droid does.” And the slogan is: “It’s not a toy, it’s a Droid.” (I am guessing the 48 hours business is to show us how long their new batteries last, and that the 48 hours deal is a joke on the show 24.)

Wow, what a fun ad! But you know, if he had an iPhone, he might have had all good experiences. (I heard Droid phones collude with the fates to make sure you always get tied up, tossed out of cars, almost crash in planes, and wake up in the morgue.)

And is that part where he wakes up in the morgue at the beginning supposed to warn us that if we get a Droid phone, we’re risking our lives? (Well, I guess that’s one way to avoid paying those ridiculously high cell phone bills, huh? Maybe that’s why he’s living on the edge and gambling. And perhaps the morgue bit is him faking his own death so he can get out of paying the bill?)

Hmm, despite the fun ad, I think I’ll stick with my iPhone 5 for now.

Here’s the actioner advert: