Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pauley Perrette Most Popular TV Star

Yes, the NCIS lab tech character actress is the most popular actor on prime-time television: So sayeth the Q-Poll! So TV executives who are confused by this, would you like to know why she’s so popular? It’s (likely) because her character isn’t some lame cookie-cutter narcissist jerk like everybody else on TV is! She’s a square peg, and she’s compelling (for a TV character on a cookie-cutter show). So maybe next time, you could ask the writers to add more different types of characters, please! We’ll probably reward you by watching them!

I like her character a lot, but I’m not crazy about the show. I'm not knocking it, but it’s just another CSI clone, as far as I can tell. However, Perrette’s character seems like a perky goth-nerd you might expect to meet at Comicon, and as such, I find her compelling and watchable. Her character’s like a refreshing glass of sparkling water in a desert of vapidity. (Although I don’t like her Expedia ads much. So I think it's the character, and Perrette's ability to play said character believably, that's the draw here. But I could be wrong.) You see, she’s got a personality, which is more than I can say for the bunch of catalog models they’re calling television actors these days, or the selfish, arrogant, douche-bags they play. But maybe that’s why I don’t watch much TV programming outside of TCM, Comedy Central, Masterpiece Mystery and the news.

Here’s the story, written by someone who clearly hates Perrette, so she must be a TV executive, or a vapid jerk. (Actually, she’s writing for Yahoo!, so she must be the latter.) Maybe she should learn to tell the difference between an actor and the character they play! (And bossing people around about what they’re allowed to wear is extremely asinine, Miss Superficial Jerk! Saying you don’t like it is one thing, but saying they can’t do it is something simply other than else. It’s narrow-minded gossip-mongers like you adding your stupid editorial comments that’s ruining journalism! I don’t care if you don’t like her clothes off-screen! When it’s a news story you’re reporting, it’s like they used to say in Dragnet: “Just the facts, Ma’am!” Please! And I know your article is technically a "blog", but when it's a paid, featured spot on Yahoo!, and you're the only one covering the story, it's news; so treat it that way.) Want to see what I’m bitching about? Read this: