Thursday, August 11, 2011

Purina Cat Chow Naturals Ad

Some woman sings: “Yeah-ee-yeah, oh-ee-oh-oh!”, and we see yummy stuff like sushi-cut fish and grain and veggies, in this ad for Purina Cat Chow “Naturals”. I have to say that it’s very welcome, seeing ads like this that make cat food look so tasty! You know why? Well, it’s because for years I’ve heard about how old people have to eat cat food (even Nancy Pelosi made reference to this time-honored classic!), and based upon how bad the economy is going, I’m afraid we might all have to eat cat food before long! So to see how good this stuff looks, it’s a lot less stressful to think about my future chowing down on it. (Chow chow chow!)

I have had plenty panicky nightmares about eating cat food someday, but I’ve always thought it would be that yucky, foul-smelling Friskies canned stuff. (That’s not an insult, by the way: for cats love foul-smelling stuff! No, really! In fact, if it smells good, they won’t eat it!) But now that I see these new ads, I’m feeling a lot more comfortable sharing my dinners with Mr. Whiskers! Thanks, Purina!

(YouTube is crashing today, so I can’t get this ad now. Sorry. I think you’ve probably seen it, though. I’ll include an ad for this product from earlier below.)

This ad has the same music, but it doesn’t have the same yummy shots of the ingredients! So they're putting the yummy shots in the newer ads. Maybe that’s because they know we’re all going to be buying it for ourselves soon!