Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Drone Crash in Iran

I don’t know how many of you have noticed the story about the drone crashing in Iran, but it’s just another example of silly news coverage. So, apparently, one of our best drones has crashed (or been shot down) in Iran. And so the news was lousy with army types suggesting that they had our best drone ever, etc., and this was a major score for them, etc. Um, why not say it’s a piece of crap that didn’t work right, and we’re glad they’re stuck with it? Even if it’s not true, it might make them wonder, at least. (Or is that cheating? I’m not an intelligence operative, so I don’t know how this stuff works.)

If I were in charge of the army stuff in that part of the world, I’d send the lamest, worst drone we’d ever had over Iran, and when it inevitably crashed, I’d say what they’re all saying now: “Oh, woe is us: Iran now has our best technology, and soon they’ll conquer the world! (etc.)” (or whatever they’re saying: it sounds like that to me when I watch the news.)

In fact, maybe that’s what they’re actually doing. I sure hope so! But if it’s not what they’re doing, they’re just telling our enemies everything they want to know without making them do any work. And that’s just stupid! The least they could do is maintain media silence and make them wonder what they’ve got. But I guess after the stealth helicopter tail in Pakistan, they decided it’s cheating not to tell all our enemies everything they want to know without them even asking. Maybe then they’ll be our friends! (Right? No? Oh well.)

Here’s the treasonous tale: