Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Charmin Ultra Soft “Four Times Less” Ad

Well, I see that Charmin is still attracting weirdos whose fetish it is to rub toilet paper all over their face in ecstasy. Yes, a big blue papa bear is in the bathroom, rubbing the toilet paper on his face, when his wife henpecks him about using less toilet paper. (I think she’s on to him about the toilet paper fetish, and based upon his reaction, I’d say he knows he’s busted.) And then the picture cuts to two stacks of toilet paper, showing how much fuller and more cushiony the Charmin Extra Soft is compared to some lousy budget brand, which means you can use four times less! But what they don’t tell you is that in these multi packs they’re selling these days, you have no choice but to use four times less, because the size of the rolls (and the number of sheets per roll) is far, far less than other brands of toilet paper. (I know because I have bought it before, and the rolls are pretty paltry and run out quickly as compared to other brands. But the paper itself is pretty good. If only they made the rolls of an adequate size.)

Here’s the charming charlatan Charmin commercial (Actually, this isn’t the one I’m writing about, which I couldn’t find, but this one deals with the same issue of using four times less):