Saturday, March 30, 2013

Kingsford Match Light Charcoal Pregnant Ad

I was watching The Bible on History, but I had to break away for a minute when I saw this ad for Kingsford Charcoal. Wow, what a great way to communicate the idea that you can get it lit and going easily! In fact, what's a better way to illustrate it? This man's pregnant wife has a craving at 2:00 a.m., and so he has to get up and make her a charbroiled steak; which would be a pain in the ass if the charcoal didn't light easily, etc. But obviously it must, because pregnant women get cravings, and they want stuff pretty quickly when they get the cravings (I remember some of my friends' pregnancy cravings, as well as my sister's pregnancy's pretty well.), plus this guy must be dead tired in the middle of the night on a work night (!). So they don't even have to tell us about how well it works, how quickly and easily it lights, etc. All they have to do is show us this really sweet scenario, and everyone who knows will just get it instantly, without any intrusive hard sell. Wow, what a great job!

Here's the creative charcoal commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOaHp2oNq8c