Monday, March 18, 2013

Crest Pro Health Sarah Ad

Here we have a young lady purportedly named Sarah (but probably an actor pretending to be someone named Sarah), and she says she’s “Goin’ Pro!” Then she says her dentist said it would help “transform (her) mouth”.

Um, unless her dentist owns stock in Crest’s parent company, I very much doubt this claim, for I go to the dentist too, and they always say: “Yeah, whatever; just get the one with fluoride in it…” And they all say this from what I can tell. Oh, and they say to go back to them as much as possible so they can charge an arm and a leg to flick teensy bits of tartar off our teeth for hundreds of dollars per visit.

I’m sorry to have to say this, but if Crest was as good as it says in the ads, we wouldn’t need to go to the dentist anymore once we start using it. (And if that were the case, dentists would never recommend it, because it would threaten their well-paying jobs.) But we still do, so they’re exaggerating. (Sorry, Crest: I’ll happily create a fun tooth-whitening ad for you {there are a bunch of them on this blog}, but I won’t lie for you.)

Here’s a news story about the Pro Health mouthwash, seeing as how I couldn’t find the Sarah commercial:


And here’s a Crest Pro Health commercial about twins who get advice from a dentist that I have never heard in my entire life (brand-specific, that is):