Monday, February 17, 2014

A Kangaroo on a Snowboard

I was watching the women’s snowboard cross today (How could I miss it? It’s awesome!), and I saw what looked like a flat graphical representation of a kangaroo on someone’s snowboard, so I thought: “Oh, that must be Torah Bright.” And it was.

So, I guess a kangaroo is the international symbol for Australia, huh? (Maybe next time she could wear a plushie kangaroo suit: that way nobody could possibly miss it!)

But that got me to thinking: If a kangaroo is the international symbol for Australia, what’s the international symbol for America? Maybe a monster truck shooting a hamburger with an assault rifle?

I think the Team USA snowboards need flat graphical representations of a monster truck shooting a hamburger with an assault rifle, just so everyone knows who is from the United States.

(You know, on second thought, maybe America should have a nuclear missile with a dollar sign on it. I’m not sure everyone around the world knows about the monster trucks and assault rifles, but I’m pretty sure everyone knows about the nukes and the capitalism.)

This is what I mean. See this backdrop?:

http://www.wtop.com/emedia/wtop/27/2769/276905.jpg

This was for the Ramones. See the missiles? Yeah, like that; but with a dollar sign on it.