Saturday, February 8, 2014

X-Games Olympics

Apparently Bob Costas was complaining about the Olympics being all Jackass-y lately with all the X-Games type stuff, but I like it.

But I must say it seems unfair to me for there to be snowboarding in the Winter Olympic Games, but no skateboarding during the Summer Olympic Games. Because after all, skateboarding came long before snowboarding, so isn’t it legit enough?

But I also see the flaw in my argument, for you see, if they allow skateboarding, someone will reason that they must also include roller skating, since there is ice skating. And then there will be roller skating programs dedicated to Linda Blair’s role in the bad movie Roller Boogie, and then the guys from MST3K will have to do the commentating.

Oh, well: there are always going to be unintended consequences to everything.