Friday, February 7, 2014

BMWi Hello Future Ad

In this spot for BMW, we hear Arthur C. Clarke saying stuff about the future from way back in 1964, and just when we are stumped as to what this is an ad for, we see a beautiful car, the BMWi. Immediately after seeing this ad for the very first time, I feel like they knocked it out of the park. I’ll probably hate it after seeing it another 20 times, and then grind my teeth further after that, but for now, this was really impressive. And it works so well initially because it makes us wonder what it’s all about, and then it really delivers, with gorgeous photography of a still more gorgeous car.

Here’s the futurist spot:


This is kind of odd to me, because I’m more used to the Super Bowl having the best ads, but the Olympics ads I’m seeing tonight are even better in my opinion.