Friday, February 7, 2014

United Airlines Olympics Ad

I’ve seen a lot of generic-y Olympics-themed ads with lots of athletes and such today (some are great, but then there are so many, they begin to get old), but this one for United Airlines is really pretty fun. We’ve got a ski jumper being loaded onto the plane with the bags (I hope she doesn’t get lost like my bags have! If she does, maybe she’ll arrive in time for the Rio Summer Olympics? {They will claim she arrived at the Olympics, so they owe no lost luggage fees.}), a luge guy in a fully reclined chair, the bobsled team (I think) pushing the drink cart through the aisle, and then the ice queen herself: Gracie Gold, skating spirals and spinning down the aisle.

I hate waiting through the TSA lines to get searched and scanned and laughed at in back rooms to get on the plane, but if I got to fly on that plane, I might not mind so much. (But I’ll bet they’d lose my luggage because I joked about it.)

Here, fly the friendly Olympics ad of United for yourself:


Sorry, I can’t find the ad itself, but it’s in the above news story link. Sadly, though, it looks a bit like the Lego movie, with all the rectangular artifacting.