Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Doritos Mouse Assault Ad

Yes, here again we have a spot for a product that promises bad things will happen to you if you buy and use the product they’re advertising. So, sure, he did put out a mouse trap, but it seems more like it’s the fact that he’s eating Nacho Cheese Doritos that’s attracting the giant mice. Or guys in mouse suits. I’m actually not even sure what would be worse. But I am sure I don’t want that to happen to me, so I’m going with the Cool Ranch from now on!

So unless you enjoy being beaten up by a large mouse or a plushie enthusiast and having it filmed (Who knows: maybe you’re into that kind of thing!), you may want to avoid the Nacho Cheese Doritos from now on. It may be “only an ad”, but perhaps it’s also a warning! Maybe they had to make this ad as a disclaimer because it’s been happening more and more to people who eat their product! Aaaaa! In fact, maybe it would be safer to avoid Doritos altogether from now on. When you think about it, we do have an obesity epidemic, so that plus embarrassing mouse assaults is definitely a couple of reasons to stay away.

But is it possible that these guys dressed up as mice beating people up are a tactic that’s being used by Tostitos to scare people away from our beloved Doritos? Those bastards! Well, just for that, I’m binging on Doritos out of spite! I don’t care how many college football bowl games they sponsor (or how many mice attack me): I’m never eating Tostitos again!

Here’s the cheesy ad: