Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Pasta Apostate

I was cooking and eating pasta last night with my family, and while we were making sure the pasta was perfectly al dente, it occurred to me that there should be a super-villain called: “The Pasta Apostate”, who goes around making everyone’s pasta all mushy after they’ve gone to the trouble to time it just right so it’s all yummy and al dente. Then Pastaman (his secret identity is a regular guy named, naturally: “Al Dentay”) could save us all from the mushy-mouthed horror by reverting it to its perfectly al dente state!

Hey, as a fun thing for kids to read on the sides of pasta boxes, perhaps they could include the adventures of Pastaman and The Pasta Apostate. In fact, I think it would make great pasta ads for Cartoon Network and Boomerang. Then the kids would get heavily into pasta at a young age! (I say “heavily into”, because pasta is high in carbs, and makes you gain weight, allegedly.)