Thursday, July 14, 2011

Universal Studios King Kong 3-D Ride Ad

In a new spot for the King Kong ride at Universal Studios theme park, they show video of a boy screaming as he turns into a man, who then keeps screaming as he turns into an old bald man with a white stubble beard. Um, I’d scream too if I aged a lifetime in a few seconds: it looks like it hurts! So what did this have to do with the King Kong ride again? I don’t want to go on the ride that prematurely ages you in seconds! Oh, but they then have a black screen that says: “The intensity lasts a lifetime” on it. Hmmm…

Okay, it still looks to me like the ride just ages you prematurely, and I still don’t want to do it for that reason. Maybe they could make extra money if they had a plastic surgery ride afterwards which would rejuvenate your looks after the King Kong ride made you look old. But it would have to be really super-expensive to ride that one! (That’s where they make all their money: with a captive audience, like the food at an airport or in the movie theater!)

Here’s the ad:


Oh, you know what? They should totally always follow that ad with an ad for Rogaine! Because men will all get panicked when they see that guy’s hair all disappear like that, with the last little bit evaporating in a little wisp of smoke, especially if they’re starting to lose their hair! (I would know about that, and that’s how it made me feel just now!) I’ll bet Rogaine would sell like 30% more stuff if their ads ran directly after this spot! It’s genius! (I wonder if there is an advertising specialty where they sell the placement of commercials after ads for other stuff that would make their ads extra effective? That’s the new growth area, I’ll bet!)