Friday, July 22, 2011

Fake Apple Stores Real?

Could it be? News stories say there are fake Apple stores in China, but could they actually secretly be real? Is it possible?

I’m only asking, because it recently struck me how when I got my G4 in 2000, it was illegal at that time to sell one of them to anyone in China, and now they’re making all the computer stuff in China, so they’ve got them all there anyway. But could it possibly still be illegal to sell those computers there anyway? I don’t know, but I do know that our government still has tons of useless laws on the books. For example, it was recently revealed that the state of Alabama is still collecting taxes for Civil War veteran benefits. And there are still sodomy laws all over the place too, and that’s just over the line! Lots of people probably engage in so-called “sodomy” anyway, but to make it a law to force everyone to do it seems excessive to me! But I suppose some people are overly prudish, so there you are.

But back to this Apple computer store thingy. Is it possible that these Chinese Apple stores are actually real Apple stores, operating illegally, and counting on the fact that we’ll all assume they’re counterfeit because China does so much of that kind of stuff anyway? I have to wonder.

Here’s the spurious story: