Thursday, July 21, 2011

Politics Is…

Some news guy today said: “Politics is the art of the possible.” Um, I think that’s rather polishing the turd a bit, don’t you?  Here’s my definition: Politics is the art of lying, tricking people into believing you have their best interests at heart, pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes, taking all you can for yourself, gaming the system to unfairly advantage your own political party, pointing fingers as a smoke-screen, blaming everyone else for your own failures and corruption, fabricating and exaggerating accusations against political opponents, and misleading through continual overblown demagoguery and self-righteously sanctimonious “moralizing”.

Did I leave anything out? Oh, I did! Sorry…

And constantly campaigning to try to get re-elected.

I think that’s about everything, right?