Monday, July 18, 2011

Mouth-Breathers

Snobby people like to refer to dumb people as “mouth-breathers” (Bill Maher* says this a lot about people like Sarah Palin), but is this really an appropriate term to use? Sure, it may refer to slow-witted people who have their mouths open a lot, but wouldn’t that happen to people with a cold too? I mean, if you had congested sinuses from a cold, the flu, or hay fever, wouldn’t you have to breathe through your mouth too? But does that make you a fair target for snobby, superior, self-satisfied people with an air of condescending better-than-you-osity? I think not!

And what if you just have a bad allergy all the time? Wouldn’t that be a disability? So then Bill Maher is picking on people with disabilities! What a jerk! I thought that’s what Republicans did! And doesn’t he hate Republicans? What a hypocrite!

These people probably just own stock in Afrin, and as such they’re trying to make everyone self-conscious of it if they ever have to breathe out of their mouths; that way they’ll make more money! And I’ve been given to understand that if you use stuff like Afrin too much, you become addicted to it, so you have to use it all the time just to be able to breathe through your nose at all! So it’s obviously a get-rich-quick scheme by snooty jerks who have invested in such products, and as such they are no better than the asinine douche-bags who came up with that old Head & Shoulders ad campaign that made everybody ultra-self-conscious and paranoid about scratching our heads! I mean, their heads! (I don’t have dandruff! I swear!)

Shame on them!

* (BTW: I am a huge fan of Bill Maher, but I still like to give him a hard time for some of his narrow-minded stuff: like this, for instance.)