Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rabbit Buzz Print Ad

This is a print ad for an electric wine bottle de-corker that says: “Hear the Buzz?” Then it has a picture of the Rabbit wine de-corker, which is a 5-inch-tall thin cylindrical shaped thing. So when I see the headline about hearing the buzz, and then I see that shape of the object, I can’t help but think this thing is a vibrator. In fact, that’s the only reason I even read the ad, since I was kinda taken aback with the idea that there might be a vibrator ad in the front of The New Yorker magazine. (I usually ignore print ads.) So, was this an intentional ruse to get my attention and to get me to actually read an ad I might otherwise have intentionally skipped? Well, if so, then great job! (But if not, then: Oops! Because from now on, I’ll always associate their product with sex and fake penises, especially with the reputation rabbits have for reproduction, and the fact that it’s called “The Rabbit”, and is a “de-corker”.)

Here is what the thingy looks like (I can’t find the ad online):