Monday, April 1, 2013

Jodi Arias Trial Experts

HLN’s coverage of the Jodi Arias trial has included a lot of so-called experts to testify to her state of mind, or whether the attack could be self-defense like she claims, why she stabbed him so many times, etc. But none of the experts really knows what they’re talking about. I mean, how many people have they killed? And even if they had, would they stab someone that many times? HLN really ought to get some experts who know about this kind of thing.

That’s why I think HLN should hire Jason from the Friday the 13th movies, Michael Myers from the Halloween movies, Leatherface from The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Norman Bates from Psycho, etc., as the experts here. Those guys would totally know about killing people with knives and such! And they could inject their firsthand experience into this case to determine if this was a brutal murder or not. And maybe one would say stuff like: “I kill lots of sexed-up teenagers with knives, but I mean, whoa! Even I’ve never been this brutal! I wouldn’t mess with that girl! She must be the ‘Final Girl’!” And maybe another one would say (pointing to an autopsy photo): “Yes, just as I thought. Do you see that wound there? Yeah, that’s the kind of stab wound I try to make to really go not only for the kill, but to really scare all the other naughty teenagers I’m targeting so they get completely terrified and sloppy and are easier to catch. That’s totally what you want to do as the killer in a slasher movie. She should have gone into horror movies, man, she would have been a star! Hey, is she single?”