Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jeep Advertising Tag Line

A new TV ad campaign for Jeep seems to be running with a new tagline for the brand. The new tagline is this: “Jeep: Adventures are never ordinary.” I was clipping my nails so I didn’t hit the mute button in time, and I accidentally heard this part of the ad. So, adventures are never ordinary, huh? What if your entire life is spent going from one adventure to the next, like James Bond or something? At a certain point, adventures would become extremely ordinary, and the only things that would stand out as exceptional would be something like getting to take a nice long bath undisturbed, or lounging around in a hammock and reading a book. Some rival 4-wheel-drive vehicle manufacturer could have some Navy SEAL on in one of their ads to rebut the Jeep tagline, saying: “Some other off-road vehicle brands would have you believe that adventures are never ordinary. Well, I have spent my entire adult life going on adventure after adventure, and I can tell you definitively that they all seem ordinary after a while. But not like sitting on the edge of a cliff, peacefully watching the sunset in my Land Rover (or whatever competitor’s brand). Now, that’s what I’d call exceptional!” And then their tagline could be: “Land Rover: It’s so exceptional, it makes even the greatest adventure seem ordinary by comparison.”