Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Online Ads

I hate online ads for the most part, especially the ones that flash and move around, straining to get your attention while you’re trying to read. It’s annoying! And guess what? They’re almost impossible to get rid of! I’ve tried to slim down the width of the window I was reading in to clip off the annoying, headache-inducing, flashing, dancing web ad, and do you know what happened? Well, the text column kept getting thinner and thinner until it was only one word wide! But did the ad get clipped off? No! It kept pushing the text over like some kind of bullying drama queen who always has to be the center of attention! I could only clip it off when there was nowhere else for the text to go and it was all in a 1-word-wide, anorexic-looking column of text, which is really hard to read! (And the whole window was literally just an inch wide by then! Try reading that!) So I had to just cover the ad up with my hand to be able to read! I think this isn’t really a plan to advertise products, but rather a way to try to get people to stop reading stuff online and start buying books and magazines again!