Friday, August 3, 2012

Fruit of the Loom Rhythmic Gymnastics Ribbon Apparatus Ad

Wow: Is Fruit of the Loom the first American company to embrace rhythmic gymnastics in a major ad campaign? (I’m asking, because I don’t know, but I don’t remember anyone else doing it lately.) That’s pretty cool!

I don’t know if anyone else likes rhythmic gymnastics, but I love it! Beautiful, statuesque models/athletes doing amazingly artistic ballet-like gymnastics that’s mixed with contortionist-level flexibility? What’s not to like? (The outfits, maybe? They can be kind of tacky and yucky. Some of these ladies look like they were attacked by a maniac with a Bedazzler!) If this was available on American TV, I’ll bet men would like it more than football, if they were allowed to watch it by their wives.* But I’m not married, so I get to see all I want! Except that nobody shows it on American television, so I don’t get to see any! And we’re never going to win this sport unless people get to see it, like it, get involved in it, etc. And we Americans might be great at this sport, if we weren’t so fat! (Maybe we can all do rhythmic gymnastics to lose weight! It’s aerobic exercise, right?)

But I love that Fruit of the Loom made an ad using the ribbon apparatus! People here joke about this stuff, but just wait until you see the Russians use this ribbon apparatus in the Olympics (if we’re allowed to see it by NBC)! Man, it’s amazing! Wow! Once you pop your eyes out at this stuff, you can’t stop! (Once you pop, you can’t stop: that’s an ad slogan for rhythmic gymnastics, right? No? It’s Pringles? Well, close enough!)

This is not the ad I mean (I can’t find that one: sorry), but it will do (I’ve never seen this one before, and it’s great! My apple core hat’s off to these guys for a fun spot!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf1ylvAe0es

* Not really. Most men usually hate this kind of stuff.