Sunday, August 12, 2012

LeBron James "The King James Version" Ads?

Well, the United States just won the Olympic gold medal in men's basketball, and LeBron James certainly had a big game! Now, I'm not the biggest follower of basketball, but I know he also goes by "King James", and as we all know, there is a famous book called "The King James Version" (of the Bible). So I thought it might be fun to have a Nike ad (or campaign) with LeBron James called "The King James Version", where they show some of the well-known plays in basketball, demonstrated by a regular college player, and then they show "The King James Version", where LeBron absolutely blows it out of the stratosphere, dominating every single move, like dunking, fast break, jump shot, 3-pointer, etc., showing him doing new versions for a demo, or using highlight reel stuff from the NBA and the Olympics. And then, if people liked that, they could go into other stuff, like cars, homes, meals, etc., showing what a regular one of (whatever thing) would be, and then what the "King James Version" would be. And that might fit rather well into the new Nike slogan: "Find Your Greatness".

(BTW: I don't know if anyone has done this idea before in ads, so my apologies if it's already been done. I haven't seen this before, otherwise I wouldn't bother writing it up. In Googling it, I'm not surprised that "The King James Version" has been used in news articles and a short film, but I haven't seen it in an ad campaign before per se. {But I may have missed it: who knows?})