Thursday, August 30, 2012

Clint Eastwood to Speak at RNC

Anyone who read this blog back during the Super Bowl might remember I said I thought that Chrysler ad with Clint Eastwood (the one that said it was halftime in America) seemed more like an ad for Mitt Romney, when a lot of other people were saying it seemed like an ad for Barack Obama. Well, it looks like I was on target with that one, because Clint Eastwood is about to speak at the Republican National Convention in support of Mitt Romney. Hmm, I wonder if he’ll say it’s halftime in America, and it’s time to send in a new quarterback or something? (If there’s a football metaphor in the speech there somewhere, it will be hard to think it’s not related to the Chrysler ad and the tempest in a teapot it kicked up back then.)

Here’s my old post where I mention the Chrysler Clint Eastwood Super Bowl ad:


This post is eerily appropriate for another reason as well, as it’s about really bad weather, and that coincidentally matches pretty well with Hurricane Isaac’s rampaging across the Gulf Coast and up through the country this week.