Monday, August 20, 2012

Julian Assange Cat Food Ad

Earlier today I posted a bunch of possible ad ideas for Assange’s Ecuadorian embassy situation, and here’s another advertising idea for Assange (although he might need to escape from the embassy to do it; but I suppose the production could always just use a green screen and matte everything in). So in this spot for a luxury brand of canned cat food (like Fancy Feast or Sheba), Assange could be dressed like Blofeld from the early James Bond movies, holding a fluffy white cat (with a diamond collar), and walking around in his secret lair. He would turn to the camera and say: “The American and British governments seem to think I’m some sort of Bond villain, but I’m really just a regular guy. I love cool gadgets (and he walks by a room with a big diamond-covered satellite, like from Diamonds Are Forever), I love neat cars (and he walks past the Aston Martin from Goldfinger, with some henchmen trying to figure out how the spy stuff on it works {maybe one of them can get shot out of the ejector seat in the background}), and I love my cat. (He holds the cat in one arm and strokes the cat with his other hand.) That’s why I’ll only feed her (luxury cat food brand). It’s made from all the best ingredients, with no fillers or preservatives, so it gives Fluffy here great energy, a wonderful disposition, and beautiful hair: just like mine (because he also has white hair). And if it wasn’t as good as they say, I’d know about it! Other brands make quality claims, but my sources have leaked proof to me that they’re involved in some clandestine chicanery with their ingredients and production, and that’s a crime against felinity! My cat is my best friend, so I treat her right. I always feed her (luxury cat food brand): it’s simply the cat’s meow!” (And in a close-up insert shot, the cat says: “Meow.”)