Friday, August 15, 2014

Breathe Right Mouth Breather Ad

Hey, I did this as a joke ad for Afrin earlier this year, in January: “Don’t be a mouth breather: use Afrin!” And here it is August, and someone’s using it in an ad for Breathe Right Strips. But my idea really comes from a post of mine from 2011, over 3 years ago (see link below).

Generally the term: “mouth breather” is considered an insult, so that is why my Afrin ad was listed as a joke ad. But with the Breathe Right Strips, it does alter the meaning somewhat, because breathing with your mouth at night can cause snoring and dry mouth, so I suppose maybe they found a more appropriate, less insulting use for it after all. So same headline, different meaning: nicely done. (I did use the same headline months before this ad appeared, though.)

Here’s my post for the mouth breather ad:


And it comes from a previous post of mine from over three years ago, in 2011:


And here’s their ad with my previously posted idea: